Anaesthesiology and Critical Care department at Renai Medicity is one of the most advanced and innovative departments amongst the hospitals in Kerala. Anaesthesiology is the lifeline of modern hospitals. Physician Anaesthesiologists manage Perioperative surgical care. The department provides wide variety of support to other specialties.
Department of Anaesthesiology and critical care manages a modern, well equipped and state of the art Operation theatre complex that includes 15 Operation theatres, surgical recovery and Surgical Intensive Care Unit consisting of over 30 beds.
- Adult Anaesthesiology
- Paediatric Anaesthesiology
- Cardiac Anaesthesiology
- Neuroanaesthesiology and Neurocritical Care
- Perioperative surgical home for Joint replacement surgeries.
- Obstetric Anaesthesiology and Labour analgesia
- Regional Anaesthesiology and Acute pain management services
- Anaesthesiology at remote locations
Intensive Care Units
- Adult Post surgical intensive care unit
- Neurosciences critical care Unit
- Post cardiovascular surgery critical care unit (CVTS)
- Adult Intensive care unit (MICU)
- Post anaesthesia care unit (Recovery)
- Comprehensive Perioperative care
- Most advanced anaesthesia workstation (Drager Persius – first in India)
- Advanced networking of all operation theatres and ICU
- Integrated software solution for advanced care
- Drager Innovian Patient/anaesthesia data management systems
- Karl-storz video bronchoscope and video laryngoscope for advanced airway management
- Edwards EV-1000 for Perioperative fluid and hemodynamic management.
- Trans oesophageal echocardiography
- MP3 – multimodal Perioperative pain protocol