We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to learn and excel. In an effort to gain insight into factors that may attribute to learning difficulties in children, our Learning and Behavioural centres brings together Neurologists, Paediatricians, Child Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists and Speech Therapists. They provide applied behavioural analytic and pharmacological treatment for the needy child in unique ways.
Academic and scholastic problems in children upset both parents and teachers and it could be due to many reasons.
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity disorder [ADHD]
- Concentration difficulties
IQ [Level of intelligence]
When age appropriate mental and cognitive development does not occur, it can be found out by IQ testing
School refusal, Oppositional behaviour, Lying, Stealing, Disobedience, Wrong group of friends and gang activities which are not socially or culturally accepted
Tension, poor confidence, withdrawn behaviour, low mood, irritability, anger outbursts, social anxiety, exam anxiety, decreased talk, decreased sleep and appetite, vomiting, headache, stomach pain and many other physical complaints may be primarily due to childhood depression or anxiety which may affect studies of children. Effective prevention, diagnosis, treatment and remedial steps to overcome these problems which affect our children is the objective this comprehensive learning & behavioural centre
Services of Learning & Behavioural Centre
- Conduct comprehensive assessment to identify learning barriers and learning styles.
- Screening for co-existent conditions like attention deficits, mental retardation, and developmental disorders.
- Clarifying assessment information to improve parents/care givers, understanding of the child’s needs.
- Assisting parents/care givers in translating their concerns into achievable outcomes for the child’s learning.
- Drug treatment to cater to individualised problems.
- Behaviour management at home and in collaboration with the school.
- Monitoring parents, teachers and grandparents to advocate for their children.
Referrals may be made by parents, teachers and other professionals in the field of mental health, general medicine, paediatrics and neurology.
We strive to provide the highest quality of service in a caring environment. Each program is custom tailored to meet each child’s unique needs and individual characteristics. The professionals in the team may be involved in the care plan either simultaneously or at different points in time.