The comprehensive treatment covers problems associated with Ear, Nose, Throat as well as the entire Head & Neck region. The Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery is committed to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care for people with conditions affecting ear, nose, throat and the head and neck region. Our aim is to make available the best care which is accessible and affordable.
The disorders of ear, nose and throat, which is also known as Otorhinolaryngology is managed by our ENT experts. Disturbances in any one of the organs is likely to disturb the others too and hence the specialty looks into the matters together. It functions closely with the departments of Neurosurgery, Plastic surgery, oncology, and allied specialties to provide the best comprehensive treatment for patients with head & neck tumours, both benign and malignant.
Led by eminent ENT specialists, the department in tandem with other specialties offers comprehensive and efficient care for conditions affecting Ear, Nose, Throat and the head and neck region. The management of disorders may involve surgical interventions . Disorders can include improper breathing because of blocks, chronic allergies that affect the respiratory passage and also inflammation of the sinuses and other conditions affecting the throat and ear. The department is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic facilities for the management of problems of ear, nose, throat and other related diseases and disorders.
General ENT:Diseases and problems that beset the special senses of hearing, balance function, taste and smell, allergy treatment etc
Emergency ENT care
Nasal and Sinus Video Endoscopy:
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery FESS (sinusitis is cleared without any open operation)
- Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy
- Arterial ligations for epistaxis
- Endoscopic CSF leak closure etc
Surgery of the Throat and Neck:
- Somnoplasty (for Snoring & OSA)
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Throat and larynx tumours
- Salivary glands
- Microlaryngeal surgeries
- Tracheal Reconstruction
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgeries
Surgery for deafness and discharging ears:
- Middle ear reconstruction
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery
- Endoscopic optic nerve & orbit surgeries
- Coblators & Microdebriders: Coblation is an advanced technology that combines gentle radio frequency energy with a natural salt solution to quickly and safely remove tissue. Coblation does not remove tissue by heating or burning, leaving the healthy tissue surrounding the target tissue unaffected. The advantages of Coblation surgery include minimal pain, less blood loss and rapid recovery. Coblation is used in Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Sinus Surgery (FESS), Thyroid Surgery, Snoring Surgery etc
Audiology & Speech pathology
Head and Neck Surgery
The Division of Head and Neck Surgery focuses primarily on the evaluation and treatment of head and neck tumours as well as craniofacial deformities. Head and neck tumours may be cancerous and they may affect the larynx, pharynx, thyroid gland, salivary gland, mouth, neck, face and skull.
Surgical Oncology for Head & Neck cancers: Function and organ preserving cosmetic cancer surgeries for mouth cancers, total and partial laryngectomy (removal of voice box), surgeries for cancer of the sinuses, salivary gland and hypopharyngeal cancers (upper part of food passage) etc.
Endoscopic Skull base surgery