The muscles and the skeletal system combine to make the specialty of Orthopaedics. Accident trauma, arthritis, sport injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumours of the bones and muscles are taken care by this department. Using the latest techniques, our orthopaedic specialists also offer comprehensive medical and surgical care in the specific areas of major joint reconstruction, sports medicine, paediatric orthopaedics, foot, hand, spine, trauma, oncology, reconstructive microsurgery and rehabilitation.
Renai Medicity is fully capable to provide quaternary care for all injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Our specialists seek to assist patients in regaining function that has been lost due to injury to the musculoskeletal system from traumatic events such as road accidents, falls, work injuries or other degenerative conditions like Arthritis. They are well versed in handling the most complex and acute orthopaedic challenges.
Our treatment protocols have been defined to integrate the expertise of specialists in orthopaedic surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery, Surgical oncology, physical therapy and occupational therapy so as to develop a treatment plan that best meets the patient needs.
- Quaternary level orthopaedic trauma
- State of the art Operation Theatres with laminar air flow and HEPA filters
- Synthes drill system and instruments
- Latest Arthroscopy system with digital camera and high definition monitor
- High-end operating table
- Automatic Tourniquet System
- Joint Replacement Surgeries
- Primary joint replacement surgery of the knee, hip, shoulder, elbow and ankle joints.
- Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries
- Revision joint replacement of the hip and knee joints.
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Surgical stabilisation of multiple fractures of the bones
- Reconstruction of complex joint fractures
- Open reduction & internal fixation of acetabular fractures.
- Minimally Invasive Techniques of fracture reduction and internal fixation to reduce the blood loss and operative time
- Arthroscopic surgery of the knee, shoulder, ankle and elbow joints
- Menisectomy and meniscal repair for meniscal injuries
- Repair of cartilage defects
- ACL reconstruction for anterior cruciate ligament rupture.
- Surgical correction of club foot, congenital dislocation of hip, congenital vertical Talus etc
- Fusion of Deformed Joints
- Fusion of deformed joints of the feet, wrist and hand by arthrodesis
- Spine surgeries
- Most advanced open and minimally invasive spine surgeries for spinal trauma and spinal deformities
- Surgeries for Cerebral Palsy
- Surgical correction of multiple deformities of the joints by tendon release and muscle, slide operation
- Treatment of Non-union of fractures
- Surgical repair of ununited fractures with bone transport, bone grafting etc.
- Paediatric orthopaedic surgery
- Various joint deformities in children caused by birth, developmental problems and injuries are corrected. The common paediatric congenital deformity correction surgeries include corrective surgeries for club foot and congenital dislocation of the hips. Other common deformities like bow legs, knock knees and the elbow deformities are also corrected surgically by techniques like osteotomy, which means cutting of the bone and aligning into correct position. The deformities of multiple joints caused by cerebral palsy (CP) are treated by different surgeries like tendon release, muscle slide etc.