The right coordinated interaction of our bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves are allowing us to move, work and be active. The highly complex composition of these structures together constitute the musculoskeletal system. Renai Medicity’s Centre for Musculoskeletal Diseases is comprised of highly integrated specialists from a variety of departments like Orthopaedics and Joint Reconstruction surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pathology, Laboratory Medicine and Ayurveda to offer improved and comprehensive musculoskeletal health.
Joint Replacement Centre
Our Orthopaedic specialists evaluate conditions caused by arthritis, injuries, congenital problems and general wear-and-tear to determine the best course of treatment.
Best Reconstructive Surgical care is available for:
- Total and partial knee replacement
- Total Hip replacement
- Anterior total hip replacement
- Total Shoulder / Elbow Replacement
- Complex hip revisionKnee reconstruction
- Hip preservation and impingement
- Pelvic, Femoral and Tibial Osteotomy
- Hip and Knee Arthroscopy
- Patella-femoral knee replacement and complex knee revision
Key-hole surgery for joint problems. Ligament and cartilage injuries are repaired. Joint is thoroughly debrided in early arthritis and synovitis. Joint instabilities are stabilised.
Surgical correction of deformities like knock knees, bow legs and deformities in the elbow, ankle and foot.
A multimodal approach for the treatment of arthritis with medicine, physiotherapy and surgery, depending on the stage of arthritis.
Correction of paediatric deformities in club foot, congenital hip dislocation, poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy etc
Treatment of fractures of the long bones, reconstruction of complex joint fractures, management of open fractures.
Spine and Orthopaedic SurgeryConventional Spine Surgery
Open and Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion Surgery
Artificial Disc Replacement
Dynamic Stabilisation Procedures
Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
Comprehensive care for:
- Back pain
- General Orthopaedic
- Bone remodelling
- Muscle disorders
- Wound healing
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Sports impairments
- Osteoarthritis (degenerative joint condition affecting the weight-bearing joints such as the hips, knees and ankles as well as the hands and spine)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (an auto-immune disease causing chronic inflammation of the joints)
- Osteoporosis (progressive loss of bone density and decrease in the strength of the skeleton)
- Musculoskeletal Tumours (Joining hands with our Surgical oncology division, the centre offers limb salvage surgeries for malignant lesions of the bones, spine and pelvis)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Seronegative Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
- Paget’s Disease
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Mixed Connective Tissue Disorders