Treatment of head and neck diseases are fairly complex as it should comprehensively take care of the vital functions such as breathing, voice, swallowing, aesthetics and quality of life. Due to this complexity of the structure included, high expertise and comprehensive care for head and neck diseases are extremely significant. Renai Medicity’s Advanced centre for Head and Neck diseases is a multidisciplinary centre offering comprehensive medical and surgical solutions for diseases affecting the complete head and neck region with the help of latest and advanced machines and technologies.
The care team includes experts from:
- ENT and Head & Neck surgery
- Plastic and Microvascular surgery
- Audiology & Speech Pathology
- Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- Dental specialties
- General otolaryngology: Diseases and problems that beset the special senses of hearing, balance, taste and smell. Balance function, Emergency ENT care, Allergy treatment, Paediatric Airway Surgery etc are performed.
- Surgery of the Nose and Para-Nasal Sinuses: Endoscopic sinus surgery, Septoplasty, Rhinoplasty, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy, Arterial ligations for epistaxis, endoscopic CSF leak closure etc.
- Surgery of the Throat and Neck: including Adenotonsillectomy, Somnoplasty (for Snoring & OSA), vocal cord paralysis, throat and larynx tumours, salivary glands, Phonosurgery, Microlaryngeal surgeries, Tracheal Reconstruction, Thyroid and parathyroid surgeries.
- Surgery for Ears: Myringoplasty, Tympanoplasty, Middle ear reconstruction, Stapedotomy, Facial nerve decompression, hearing implants.
- Advanced Surgeries: Endoscopic pituitary surgery, Endoscopic optic nerve & orbit surgeries, ballon sinoplasty, coblators & microdebriders, harmonic scalpel, image guided surgeries.
- Head & Neck Cancers: The term ‘head and neck cancer’ encompasses a wide range of tumours that occur in several areas of the head and neck region. Most advanced surgeries including Function & Organ preserving cosmetic cancer surgeries offered are following:
Oral cavity cancer (mouth, lips, gums, cheeks, tongue, palate and mouth floor)
Laryngeal cancer (voice box. Visible on most men’s throats as the Adam’s apple)
Nasal passages (Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses)
Nasopharyngeal cancer (the uppermost portion of the throat. It begins just behind the nose and extends to the portion of the throat found just behind the mouth. It also includes two openings that lead to the ears).
Oropharyngeal cancer (located just beyond the mouth. The region also includes the base of the tongue, the soft area just beyond the roof of the mouth and the area around the tonsils).
Hypopharyngeal cancer (the uppermost portion of the esophagus)
Salivary gland cancer (salivary glands, the structures that produce saliva to keep the mouth from drying out and aid in the digestion of food)
Thyroid & Parathyroid cancer (develops in the thyroid gland and other endocrine glands in the neck)
Skin of the head and neck (including melanoma)
Skull base, Eye cancer, Maxillary cancer
Cranial Procedures: Craniotomy for resection of tumours Craniotomy for treatment of vascular lesions (aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, cavernous malformations)
Skull base surgery: Endoscopic skull base surgery Transoral and transsphenoidal surgeries Epilepsy surgery Ventriculoperitoneal shunts for hydrocephalus
Craniomaxillofacial Surgeries: Provides advanced surgeries for cleft lip, cleft palate, orthognathic (corrective jaw procedures) surgeries and post operative treatment and care along with other dento-alveolar disorders for the betterment of your facial appearance. Maxillofacial Trauma and Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) Arthroscopies
Oral and maxillofacial surgery: full spectrum of oral and maxillofacial surgeries are performed regularly.
Speech and language pathologists work with patients to lessen the complications of treatment that can occur in head and neck tumors.